How do I open the DVD drive on my Mac?
Eject CDs and DVDs from your Mac
- Eject a disc from the desktop: Select the disc you want to eject, then choose File > Eject [disc].
- Eject a disc from an optical drive: Press the Eject key .
How do I manually open the DVD drive on my Macbook Pro?
Hold down your trackpad button (or your left mouse button) and restart your Mac. Hold the button down until the desktop appears. This will trigger the system to eject your disc before macOS begins loading.
How do I open the CD drive on my Macbook Pro?
You insert it into the optical drive and when it appears on the desktop you double click on it to open it. If it doesn’t appear on the desktop then from the Finder menu>Preferences>General>Check the box. You should also find it listed on the sidebar in the Finder window.
Why won’t my Mac read my DVD?
DVD not be recognized/read usually happens when you insert DVD disc improperly, have a damaged disc or DVD drive, or your DVD drive driver goes outdated. For that, you can repair or buy a new DVD drive, or reset NVRAM (or PRAM) via press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys to shut down your computer and turn on later.
How do I play a DVD on my Macbook Pro 2020?
Play a DVD movie file stored on your Mac
In the DVD Player app on your Mac, Choose File > Open DVD Media. Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder that contains the movie file you want to play, then click Open.
How do I open a second DVD drive on my Macbook Pro?
There are two ways. First hold Command (Apple) and hit the eject button. Second, when you install a second optical drive Mac OS X adds a drives menu to the right side of the menu bar, clicking on it brings down a pull down menu where you can select the drive to open.
How do I insert a CD into my Macbook Pro 2020?
Insert CDs and DVDs into Mac
- Turn the disc label so it faces up or toward you.
- Insert the disc into the optical drive until you feel the drive catch and pull the disc in. You must insert the disc nearly all the way in before the drive pulls it in.
How do I find the CD drive on my Mac?
If you don’t see a CD, DVD or Blu-ray drive on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > About This Mac.
- Click System Report, then click Disc Burning and review the information for your optical drive. If you don’t see a drive listed that supports discs in CD, DVD or Blu-ray format, it means an optical drive isn’t available.
Which MacBook Pro has the CD drive?
With the model lineup shuffle today, the 13-inch MacBook Pro remains the only Mac available today with an optical drive. Apple has committed to removing optical drives from all of its Macs over the years, but it’s possible that the company realized some — particularly students — may still need a DVD drive.
How do I eject a CD from a Mac external drive?
Ejecting external optical drives in OS X
- Drag to the trash. Dragging a removable disc to the trash has been in the Mac OS since early on. …
- Select it and press Command-E. If you select the optical disc in the OS X Finder and press Command-E, the disc will eject. …
- Eject using the keyboard.
How do I play a DVD on my MacBook Pro 2010?
Playing a DVD on a Mac is extremely simple. Just insert the DVD into your Super DVD drive (Super DVD drive is Apple’s optical disc reading and writing technology). The DVD player will open automatically and start playing the disc. You can open it using the Menu and click Play to run the movie.
How do I reset the USB ports on my Mac laptop?
1. Reset the SMC
- Shut down your MacBook.
- Press and hold Shift-Control-Option.
- Press the Power button while holding all three keys.
- Hold the keys for 7 seconds.
- Release all the keys at the same time.
- Boot up your Mac as usual, and the SMC will be reset.
How can I make my Mac DVD player region free?
The solution is use VLC (Video LAN Client) instead of Apple’s DVD Player. To make this work you must go into System Preferences for DVD Movie and either set VLC as the default application or set it to ignore. This will cause OS X to think of the non-Region 1 DVD as a data disk and mount it in the Finder.