How do I change the region code on my computer DVD player?
When the Device Manager window opens, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Right-click on your DVD player and then select Properties. Click on the DVD Region tab. Select the region in which you want to change to and click OK.
How can I make my computer DVD player region free?
How to Make a Laptop DVD Drive Region-Free
- Using VLC Player. Download and install the VLC Player. This is a free media player that bypasses region encoding. …
- Using Any DVD. Download and install Any DVD. …
- Using DVDFab Passkey. Download DVDFab Passkey.
Can you change DVD player region?
Open the DVD player’s main drive, also commonly called the DVD “tray.” The region cannot be changed while a DVD is in the machine, so many DVD players require the tray to be open as an extra precaution.
How do I fix the wrong region on my DVD player?
Here’s the best part.
- Power on.
- Open tray.
- Push the info on remote once (with supplied remote). You will see numbers.
- Press 9 for multi-region. Keep trying until you see the number 9 appear in upper left corner.
- Power off.
- Power on.
Can I watch region 1 DVDs on my computer?
Any computer in the Library with a disc drive can play Region 1 DVDs.
How do I get around a region locked DVD?
2. Change DVD player region code
- Make sure the DVD player is powered on.
- Next, open the DVD tray, but don’t insert a DVD yet.
- Press the Setup button the DVD player remote.
- Go to Preferences and then choose Region on the screen.
- Depending on the region the DVD is locked to, select Region 0/9.
How do I know if my DVD player is multi region?
The region number of your disc or player can be determined by looking for a small, standardized globe icon with the region number superimposed on it. If a disc plays in more than one region, it will have more than one number on the globe.
How can I play a DVD from a different region on my computer?
Click “Properties” in the context menu. Switch to the “Hardware” tab of the Properties popup; select your drive in the list and press the “Properties” button. Press the “Change settings” button on the next screen. Switch to the “DVD Region” tab, select your new region from the list and press “OK”.
Are region free DVD players legal?
Owning a Region Free or Multi-region player in the US is legal. … The original reason for region codes was to prevent people from buying DVDs of movies that was theatrically released earlier in other countries.
How do I make my LG DVD player region free?
Press the STOP button, then hold the ENTER button for at least 5 seconds until a new screen shows up (Regional Management Test Code). 4. On the new screen, change the region code to make your LG DVD player region free.
Which DVD players are region free?
The Best Region-Free Players for DVD or Blu-Ray Discs
- Premium pick. Sony BDP S3200. See On Amazon. Brand Sony. …
- Sony S3700E. See On Amazon. Brand Sony. Region Region-free. …
- Editors choice. LG BP175. See On Amazon. Brand LG. …
- Pioneer DV-2042K. See On Amazon. Brand Pioneer. Region Region-free. …
- Best value. Panasonic S700EP-K. See On Amazon.
Why does a DVD say wrong region?
If you receive a region error while playing a DVD with RealTimes, this means that the region code of the DVD does not match the region code of the DVD drive. In general, DVDs will play only on DVD drives that use the same region country codes.
How do you remove region code from Blu Ray player?
Blu Ray Region Free Hack Method 1 – blu ray region code remover
- (Works with most Blu Ray and DVD players)
- Power ON the DVD player with no disc.
- Wait for the “No Disc” message to show.
- Press PAUSE on the remote control.
- Enter 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9 on the remote control (CODE or FF appears on the TV)