How do I connect my LaCie external hard drive to my computer?
- Step 1 – Remove the port cover. Remove the cover by placing your index finger on its right edge and gently prying it open.
- Step 2 – Connect to your computer. Before connecting LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C, confirm the port on your computer. …
- Step 3 – LaCie Setup Assistant.
Why won’t my LaCie hard drive show up on my computer?
Disconnect the interface cable, wait 10 seconds and then re-connect. … Only use certified interface cables, such as the cables provided with your LaCie drive. If you have followed all of these steps and the drive is still not recognized, shut down your computer, wait 3 to 5 minutes, restart your computer and try again.
Do LaCie hard drives work on PC?
Yes. The LaCie Fuel is formatted as exFAT which is accessible on both a Mac and a PC.
How do I start using LaCie?
Open the LaCieToolkit.
Click on the LaCie Toolkit Installer to launch the application. Click on the LaCieToolkit.exe file to launch the application.
- Manage backup plans (Windows only).
- Create mirror folders.
- Optimize disk format for use with a specific operating system.
How do I recover files from LaCie external hard drive?
2. How to Recover Data from LaCie Drive
- Select “External Devices Recovery” Launch Recoverit hard disk recovery. …
- Scan LaCie external hard drive. Recoverit Data Recovery will do a quick scan on your LaCie hard disk. …
- Recover data from LaCie drive. After the scan, you can check all recoverable files.
How do I reformat my LaCie external hard drive?
- Select Erase.
- A dialog box opens. Enter a name for the drive. This will be the name displayed when the drive mounts.
- For Format, select OS X Extended (Journaled).
- For Scheme, select GUID Partition Map.
- Click Erase.
- Disk Utility formats the drive. When it’s finished, click Done.
Why is my external hard drive not showing up?
If the drive still isn’t working, unplug it and try a different USB port. It’s possible the port in question is failing, or just being finicky with your specific drive. If it’s plugged into a USB 3.0 port, try a USB 2.0 port. If it’s plugged into a USB hub, try plugging it directly into the PC instead.
Why isn’t my hard drive showing up on my Mac?
If you’ve plugged in a flash drive or USB drive and it’s not showing up on your Mac at all, it could be down to a faulty cable or USB port. … Try a different USB cable — even cables with no visible defects can fail. Try connecting the hard drive to a different USB port — it could be a hardware issue.
How do I transfer files from LaCie to computer?
How to move videos, music, and files to LaCie Fuel via USB on a Windows PC
- Connect the included USB cable to the LaCie Fuel device.
- Connect the USB Cable to the computer.
- Double-click on (My) Computer.
- Locate the LaCie Fuel drive.
- Drag and drop your media files to the drive.
How can I read a Mac hard drive on Windows?
To use HFSExplorer, connect your Mac-formatted drive to your Windows PC and launch HFSExplorer. Click the “File” menu and select “Load File System From Device.” It will automatically locate the connected drive, and you can load it. You’ll see the contents of the HFS+ drive in the graphical window.
Is LaCie hard drive good?
LaCie is an extremely trusted brand when it comes to external hard drives, and its expertise shines through with this device. It’s not an SSD, but it still performs extremely well when it comes to raw transfer speeds, and its small size means it’s easy to carry around.
How do I get LaCie to work on my Mac?
- Make sure the storage device is connected to and mounted on the computer.
- Select Go > Utilities in the Finder menu bar.
- In the Utilities folder, double-click Disk Utility. …
- Select the LaCie hard drive in the left column.
- Click the Erase tab.
- Choose a format from the drop-down window.
- Enter a name for the volume.
How do I use LaCie on Windows?
Install Drivers (Windows Only)
- Click Rugged Thunderbolt driver to download the driver.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Double-click Setup.exe.
- Follow the steps to complete the wizard.
- When prompted, restart your computer.
- Connect LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C to your PC using the Thunderbolt cable (see Getting Connected).
Do I need to use LaCie Setup Assistant?
Many LaCie products are equipped with the LaCie Setup Assistant (LSA) to assist in formatting and installing the product the first time on either a Mac or a Windows computer. … But it’s not necessary to run the LaCie Setup Assistant to be able to use your drive. The drive just needs to be formatted.