Can I control my Samsung DVD player with my phone?
If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone, you can make use of SmartThings App by Samsung Electronics to turn your Samsung Galaxy Phone into Universal Remote for your TV, DVD Player and others. 1. Open Google Play Store > Download SmartThings App on your phone.
Can I use my phone as a remote for DVD player?
The short answer: Yes. You’ll need to download an app and purchase a few pieces of equipment, but using your phone as a universal remote is no longer a tech dream. TVs, DVD players, cable boxes and stereos use an infrared (IR) signal to know when to do things like change the channel or play the DVD.
How do I use my Samsung DVD as a remote?
Samsung Remote Program guide for DVD Player
- 1 – Turn your DVD player off.
- 2 – Press the Mode button on your remote to switch the remote to DVD mode. …
- 3 – Press the Set button on the remote control.
- 4 – Enter the three digit DVD player code listed in your TV’s user manual. …
- 5 – Press the Power button on the remote control.
How can I control my DVD player without a remote?
If you can’t find your DVD player or Blu-ray player remote control, or it has stopped working, don’t despair. You can often still play media using buttons on the device itself. You can also use a universal remote or, with some models, a smart phone app to control the player.
How do I turn my phone into a universal remote?
Many Android phones come with an embedded infrared “blaster” that uses the same technology as old-school remotes. All you need to do is download a universal remote app like AnyMote Smart IR Remote, IR Universal Remote or Galaxy Universal Remote to use your phone to control any device that receives an IR signal.
How do I get my Samsung DVD player to play without a remote?
Without the remote control, you can still achieve your purpose by trying the following methods.
- Method 1. Use the physical button on the Samsung Blu-ray Player. …
- Method 2. Buy a universal remote. …
- Method 3. Use smartphone with IR blaster.
Can I use my phone as a TV remote without WIFI?
Ok if your phone has IR Blaster built in all you need to do is search the app store for universal remote or IR Blaster. For Android, you will find one app called Smart IR Remote by AnyMote. … You can turn your android phone into a universal remote using apps such as these.
How do I fix my Samsung DVD remote?
1) Open the battery compartment on the back of the remote and remove both batteries. 2) Press and hold any button on the remote for 20 Seconds. 3) Release the button and reinsert the batteries properly. Important : Make sure to insert the batteries properly.
Do universal remotes work for DVD players?
Can a universal remote control be programmed to operate a Blu-ray Disc player? The DVD button on recently-manufactured Sony® universal remote controls can be programmed to control Blu-ray Disc® players. It may be possible to use this same button on non-Sony remote controls as well.
How do I watch movies on my LG DVD player without the remote?
Part 4: Play DVD on Computer for Free
- Step 1: Insert your DVD disc into your computer’s DVD drive.
- Step 2: Download the media player from it’s official website, and then install it on your computer. …
- Step 3: Once the DVD is loaded, you should be able to play the DVD movie instantly.
How can I play my Blu Ray without a remote?
How to press play on Sony Blu-ray without remote?
- Use the physical buttons on your Sony Blu-ray player. If you use an early model of Sony Blu-ray player, there are probably physical buttons on it. …
- Get a universal remote. …
- Use your television remote. …
- Use a smartphone with an IR blaster.