How do I force a CD drive to open?
How to Open a Jammed CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: The Paper Clip. Straighten out one leg of the paper clip.
- Step 2: The Small Hole. Find the small hole on your CD drive, it is usually near the button.
- Step 3: Stick the Clip Into the Hole. Stick the clip into the hole and gently push until the door opens.
- Step 4: Finish. …
- 21 Comments.
How do I force the DVD drive to open on my Computer?
Opening a CD or DVD drive tray that is stuck closed (Windows 7 and earlier)
- Restart the computer.
- If the keyboard has a disc Eject key, press it. …
- In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click Start , and then click Computer. …
- Right-click the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, and then click Eject.
What do I do if my laptop CD drive wont open?
What to do if the eject button stops working on laptop
- Eject the Drive in Windows.
- Close Software in Windows.
- Update the CD/DVD Drive Driver.
- Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
- Reinstall the CD/DVD Drive Driver.
- Force Eject.
Why is my DVD player not opening?
Make sure the child lock feature is disabled. Try to open the disc tray. If the issue still occurs, power off your DVD player. Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
Can you open the CD DVD tray if there is no power supply?
If you can only get a small portion of the tray out, you can use the other end of the paper clip to gently pry open the tray enough to get your finger under it. Once done, gently push back the tray to the closed position. It will close firmly when the system is powered up.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window. … Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive).
Why is my laptop CD drive not working?
Reinstall or Update Driver in Device Manager
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. … Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
Does my HP laptop have a CD drive?
Hewlett-Packard laptop computers generally include a CD/DVD drive built right into your PC. … Opening the DVD drive and accessing its contents on your HP laptop is done the same way as you would on most Windows PCs. All in all, it takes only a few moments.
How do I open my CD drive on my laptop Windows 10?
Press the eject button.
- If your CD/DVD-ROM drive has a long horizontal plastic bar on the front, press firmly on the right side of the bar to eject the tray.
- Continue with this method if the eject button doesn’t work.