What is WD drive Unlocker?
The WD Unlocker VCD provides the WD Drive Unlock utility that you can use to unlock the drive. Or, you can use either the WD Security or the WD Drive Utilities software to unlock the drive. With the WD Security or WD Drive Utilities Software.
How do I remove Western Digital Auto Unlock drive for this user external hard drive?
You can follow the below steps to disable the Auto Unlock feature from the drive:
- Open WD Security and click on the My Passport drive icon.
- Select the “Change Password” option and uncheck the “Enable the Auto Unlock for this computer” option.
- type the current password in the “Current password Box”
How do I remove a virtual CD partition from WD?
STEP 2: Download and run the VCD Manager
- Download VCD Manager for Windows. …
- Unzip the utility (Extract the file using an extraction utility.)
- Double click WDSmartWareVirtualCDManagerforWindows-v1. …
- Click Continue to disable the VCD.
- Once the utility has found your drive, click Configure Drive and then click Exit.
How do I remove a WD My Book drive?
Western Digital My Book – Opening the Case – Removing the Drive
- Locate the two rubber pads on the bottom of the enclosure near the front, curved surface. …
- Slide the clear plastic LED front panel conduit forward and remove.
- Rotate the hard drive/carrier assembly sideways and then lift away from the case.
Does WD Passport require software?
It comes with all the software you need to help protect all your data, including WD Backup and WD Security software. Compatibility can vary, depending on hardware configuration and operating system.
Why is my WD hard drive not recognizing?
Locate and right-click on your WD drive and click Change Drive Letter and Paths…. Click Change. Then select from the drop-down menu to assign a letter and click OK. Restart your computer and check if your WD external hard drive not recognized problem has been solved.
How do I put a password on my WD external hard drive?
How to change Hard Drive password?
- Connect the Hard Drive to PC.
- Open WD Security app.
- Select Change Password option.
- Enter the Current Password.
- Enter the New Password.
- Enter the New Password again.
- Click on Update Security Settings to change the password.
How do I reformat my WD Passport?
2 – Format WD My Passport Using File Explorer in Windows Platform
- Open Windows File Explorer, locate and right-click on WD My Passport that you need to format, select “Format”.
- Rename the drive, reset its file system to FAT32 or exFAT.
- Click “Start” to begin the formatting.
How do I disable virtual drive?
Right-click on the virtual drive and select either Disable or Uninstall from the menu. Disable will keep the device listed in the device manager but not on the system. Uninstallation on the other hand removes the driver from the system and thus the drive.
What is WD SmartWare and do I need it?
If you own a Western Digital hard drive, you may be familiar with the WD SmartWare software application. On a fundamental level, WD SmartWare acts as a data backup tool, allowing you to make copies of valuable information and restore access to it as needed.
What is Virtual CD Manager?
The VCD contains the WD SmartWare installation software, the encryption and password protection application, User Manuals, and other resource files. The VCD looks like an actual CD volume and appears on the screen each time you connect your WD drive to the computer.
How do I use WD My Book Essential as an external hard drive?
How to Use a My Book External Hard Drive
- Insert the My Book power adapter into the back of the hard drive, and plug the other end into a standard electrical outlet. …
- Connect the My Book external hard drive to your PC computer using a USB cable.
- Open the “Start” menu and click on the “My Computer” icon.
How do I decrypt my WD My Book hard drive?
To decrypt the drive, go to Sector Edit->HDD read/write options: and select the Decrypt data checkbox: and press Autodetect button: If the heads of the drive are weak, the process might take quite some time.