How do I fix my DVD drive not reading?
To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt. …
- In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then select Uninstall.
- When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, select OK.
How do I enable a DVD-ROM?
How to enable the DMA settings of a hard disk drive, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW and DVD-ROM drive?
- Start Control Panel.
- Double-click System.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- For hard disk drive, click to expand Disk Drive. …
- Right-click on the necessary drive and click Properties.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select the DMA option.
Why is my disc drive not reading discs?
If multiple discs fail to be recognized, it’s likely there is a problem with the CD-ROM drive. … However, if the disc doesn’t work in any computer, it’s probably defective and should be replaced. Try cleaning the drive with a CD/DVD drive cleaning product.
How do I troubleshoot a DVD-ROM?
Resolving The Problem
- To begin troubleshooting, check the following top issues. …
- Make sure the CD or DVD drive has power by pressing the eject button and observing the drive activity light. …
- Test the drive using different discs. …
- Make sure the drive is recognized and correctly placed in the System Configuration Utility.
Why do DVD players stop working?
If you have a problem with your DVD player not reading discs, the lens is often to blame. Luckily, it’s usually a dirty lens that impedes your DVD player’s ability to read media. Still, sometimes a lens can simply burn out and stop working, which means a replacement is in order.
What causes CD ROM failure?
If the power supply is not providing enough power to the disc drive, it can cause the disc drive to not be able to function properly. The disc drive may not be able to read CD or DVD without enough power. You can check the power supply to determine if it’s not working correctly.
Can’t see DVD ROM drive in Device Manager?
Try this – Control Panel – Device Manager – CD/DVD – double click the device – Driver’s Tab -click Update Drivers (this will likely do nothing) – then RIGHT CLICK the drive – UNINSTALL – REBOOT this will refresh the default driver stack. Even if drive is not shown continue below.
How do I reinstall a DVD ROM drive?
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button. In the Device Manager window, click the DVD/CD-ROM icon. Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.
Why is my DVD RW drive not working?
Reinstall or Update Driver in Device Manager
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. … Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.