How do I open a DVD on my desktop?
To play a CD or DVD
Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
Why won’t my DVD open on my computer?
The disc tray should open. … Try shutting down or configuring any software programs that create discs or monitor the disc drive. If the door still does not open, insert the end of a straightened paper clip into the manual eject hole on the front of the drive. Close all programs and shut down the computer.
Does Windows 10 have built in DVD player?
The Windows DVD Player enables Windows 10 PCs with an optical disc drive to play DVD movies (but not Blu-ray discs). You can buy it in the Microsoft Store. For more info, see Windows DVD Player Q&A.
Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. … So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc. Now you can play the video on your DVD.
How do I fix my DVD drive not reading?
To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt. …
- In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then select Uninstall.
- When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, select OK.
How do I watch a DVD with Windows 10?
First, download and install the software from the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website. Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
5 Ways to Repair a CD or DVD
- Clean the disc using a soft lint-free cloth and a dab of warm water and mild detergent. …
- Fill scratches with toothpaste. …
- Soften scratches with heat from a 60W lightbulb. …
- Fill the scratch with a wax-based product. …
- Cover holes in the data layer with pen and tape.
How do I force eject a disc?
Eject the disc within the Operating System
- Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window.
- Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
What is the shortcut to open D drive?
Right-click on the Door Control eject icon in the system tray, select the “Drive” option at the top of the popup menu, and then select the drive you want to open using Door Control from the submenu. NOTE: If you’ve mounted an ISO file, the letter for that drive displays in the submenu.
How do you open a stuck Sony DVD player?
Follow these instructions to open the disc tray and remove the disc.
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug the power cord or AC adapter. …
- Press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE button on the front panel of the disc player, and plug the power cord back in. …
- After the tray opens, release the OPEN/CLOSE button.
- Remove the disc.