How do I turn off WD My Cloud EX2?
Use the following steps to safely shut down your WD My Cloud EX2 device.
- In the Device Maintenance area, click Shutdown.
- Review the confirmation message, and then click OK. Your WD My Cloud EX2 safely.
How do I turn off WD My Cloud?
On single bay My Cloud units running v04. 04.01-112 firmware there is an option to shut down the unit via the Dashboard > Settings > Utilities > Device Maintenance > Shutdown.
Is it safe to unplug WD My Cloud?
No it is not harmful – though you might get warning e-mails every time because it will send notifications (if you configure it) that the network went down. You are correct. The only way to turn it back on is to unplug the power and plug it back in.
What is the default IP for WD My Cloud?
1.1 or 192.168. 0.1 by default on most routers. You can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username, and password can also be found in the user manual of your router.
How do I use WD My Cloud EX2?
How to setup your My Cloud via computer (Advanced)
- Power up the My Cloud device.
- Connect your My Cloud device to your router.
- Access the My Cloud device web Dashboard. …
- Check the ‘EULA’
- Click “Get Started”
- Enter the info you would like to use for your MyCloud.com account. …
- Check your email for your confirmation email.
Can’t connect to my WD My Cloud?
Can’t connect to WDMyCloud
- Make sure your device is powered on and connected to a network with Internet access.
- Update the My Cloud firmware. You’ll need to do this from the device dashboard (web interface) under Settings.
- Update the My Book Live firmware. …
- Accept your device’s security certificate.
Can WD My Cloud be connected directly to computer?
Basic WD My Cloud Setup on Windows
You can directly connect one end of the provided USB cable to the USB port on WD My Cloud and the other end to the computer USB port. … Make sure that your Windows computer and the My Cloud device are connected to the same network.
Can I use My Cloud as external hard drive?
You CANNOT use the USB port; the My Cloud is an intelligent network device, not a dumb* USB drive. As an intelligent network device, it can support additional drives of its own.