Can WD My Cloud be connected directly to computer?
Basic WD My Cloud Setup on Windows
You can directly connect one end of the provided USB cable to the USB port on WD My Cloud and the other end to the computer USB port. … Make sure that your Windows computer and the My Cloud device are connected to the same network.
How do I install WD My Cloud without a router?
MyCloud WITHOUT a router?
- Connect WDMyCloud (NAS) directly to your PC via it’s lan port. …
- Enable Internet Connection Sharing on the PC network adapter which is connected to your AT&T router.
How do I access WD My Cloud locally?
To open your My Cloud Dashboard:
- Windows: Open a web browser and type in //devicename (or device IP address) to the web address bar.
- Mac OSX: Open a web browser and type in //devicename. local (or device IP address) to the web address bar.
How do I connect my WD My Cloud to my computer?
Plug the Ethernet cable from the device to your computer and wait for about a minute until the activity LED turns blue again. Open Finder (file browser) and in the sidebar you should see your device. Click your device and it will automatically connect.
Does My Cloud have to be connected to router?
Does my cloud have to be connected to router? You must connect the My Cloud using the Ethernet port to the local network WiFi Router or local network switch/hub that has a WiFi router connected to it in order for any WiFi device or computer to access the My Cloud. … You can only connect to it using wired Ethernet.
Why can’t I access my WD My Cloud dashboard?
Check any third party firewall/security software and or the network firewall. Disable any third party security software as a troubleshooting step and see if the web browser access issue to either the My Cloud Dashboard or MyCloud.com web portal continue.
What is the IP address for WD My Cloud?
You can access these by opening http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in your browser. The default IP, username, and password can also be found in the user manual of your router.
How do I access WD My Cloud on Windows 10?
Head to the File Explorer and locate your WD Cloud drive. It should be called WDMyCloud. Right-click on the public folder, then select the map network drive option. Choose an available letter from the drive list (drop-down), ensuring to tick the box that says Reconnect at login.
How do I access the cloud on my phone?
Access and manage the Cloud from a Galaxy phone or tablet
- To access Samsung Cloud on your phone, navigate to and open Settings.
- Tap your name at the top of the screen, and then tap Samsung Cloud.
- From here, you can view your synced apps, back up additional data, and restore data.
What is the USB port on my WD My Cloud for?
USB 2.0 port Connects to a USB hard drive for additional storage. This port is only available on 4-bay My Cloud devices. USB 3.0 port Connects to a USB hard drive for additional storage. Reset button ( ) Restores settings such as the Admin user name and password for the device.
How do I download files from WD My Cloud to my computer?
How can I download content via mycloud.ch?
- Then click on the option “Download” within the blue navigation bar. …
- To download albums stored within the Photos section of your myCloud, select a album and then click “Download” in the blue navigation bar. …
- Then click on “Download” in the blue navigation bar.
How do I retrieve data from WD My Cloud?
How to recover data from WD My Cloud Home
- Remove the drives from your WD My Cloud Home. …
- Connect the removed drive(s) to the computer. …
- Install UFS Explorer Professional Recovery on the computer and launch the program. …
- Find the WD My Cloud partition holding your data.