How do I fix my DVD RW drive not reading?
In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Right-click the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive that is listed, and then click Uninstall. Click OK to confirm that you want to remove the device. Restart your computer (Once the restart is complete, the Operating System will automatically install the required drivers).
How do I enable a DVD RW drive?
How to enable the DMA settings of a hard disk drive, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW and DVD-ROM drive?
- Start Control Panel.
- Double-click System.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- For hard disk drive, click to expand Disk Drive. …
- Right-click on the necessary drive and click Properties.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select the DMA option.
How do I repair a DVD RW disc?
The Toothpaste Method
Run warm water over the disc. Using toilet paper, dry the disc in a smooth, circular motion. Apply a small amount of toothpaste to the data side of the damaged disc. Rub with a clean cloth in a circular motion until the entire disc is covered in toothpaste.
Why is my disc drive not reading discs?
If multiple discs fail to be recognized, it’s likely there is a problem with the CD-ROM drive. … However, if the disc doesn’t work in any computer, it’s probably defective and should be replaced. Try cleaning the drive with a CD/DVD drive cleaning product.
What causes CD ROM failure?
If the power supply is not providing enough power to the disc drive, it can cause the disc drive to not be able to function properly. The disc drive may not be able to read CD or DVD without enough power. You can check the power supply to determine if it’s not working correctly.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
5 Ways to Repair a CD or DVD
- Clean the disc using a soft lint-free cloth and a dab of warm water and mild detergent. …
- Fill scratches with toothpaste. …
- Soften scratches with heat from a 60W lightbulb. …
- Fill the scratch with a wax-based product. …
- Cover holes in the data layer with pen and tape.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window. … Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive).
How do I watch a DVD with Windows 10?
Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
How do I know if my disk drive is working?
How Do I Tell If My CD Drive Is Working?
- Check Operation. Press the button to open the CD-ROM drive. The drive should open to accept a CD. …
- Check the Drive. Click “Start” on the taskbar. Click “Computer” on the right side of the Start menu. …
- Check Device Manager. Click “Start” on the taskbar. Click “Control Panel.”