How do I fix my DVD drive not reading?
To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt. …
- In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then select Uninstall.
- When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, select OK.
What do I do if my laptop CD drive is not working?
In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Right-click the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive that is listed, and then click Uninstall. Click OK to confirm that you want to remove the device. Restart your computer (Once the restart is complete, the Operating System will automatically install the required drivers).
How do I get my computer to recognize my DVD drive?
In order to resolve the Windows doesn’t recognize DVD issue, here are six solutions to get you started:
- Use Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
- Reinstall or update the driver.
- Remove and reinstall IDE/ATAPI drivers.
- Fix corrupted registry entries.
- Create registry subkey.
- Check BIOS settings and chipset drivers.
How do I reset my DVD drive on my laptop?
How to Reset a CD/DVD Drive
- Restart your computer. After it starts to back up, push the eject button on the DVD player if it was not working properly. …
- Find a small opening below the eject button on the outside of the drive. …
- Clean the laser lens on the DVD drive with the appropriate cleaner and a lint-free cloth.
Why do DVD players stop working?
If you have a problem with your DVD player not reading discs, the lens is often to blame. Luckily, it’s usually a dirty lens that impedes your DVD player’s ability to read media. Still, sometimes a lens can simply burn out and stop working, which means a replacement is in order.
Why is my DVD RW drive not working?
Reinstall or Update Driver in Device Manager
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. … Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do I fix hard drive not detected?
What to Do When Your External Hard Drive Won’t Show Up
- Make Sure It’s Plugged In and Powered On. Western Digital My Book. …
- Try Another USB Port (or Another PC) …
- Update Your Drivers. …
- Enable and Format the Drive in Disk Management. …
- Clean the Disk and Start From Scratch. …
- Remove and Test the Bare Drive.
How do I know if my CD drive is working?
How Do I Tell If My CD Drive Is Working?
- Check Operation. Press the button to open the CD-ROM drive. The drive should open to accept a CD. …
- Check the Drive. Click “Start” on the taskbar. Click “Computer” on the right side of the Start menu. …
- Check Device Manager. Click “Start” on the taskbar. Click “Control Panel.”
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens?
What’s most likely happened is that the “auto run” feature has been turned off – either on your system or on that specific drive. That means that by definition nothing happens when you insert a disc.
How do I fix the CD DVD icon not showing up on my computer?
Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window
- Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It’ll open Registry Editor.
- Now go to following key: …
- Look for “UpperFilters” and “LowerFilters” strings in right-side pane. …
- Restart the system and now you should have access to your optical drives.
Why is my laptop not reading discs?
If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. Open Device Manager, highlight and remove the CD-ROM by pressing the delete key. After deleting the CD-ROM, reboot the computer. Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.
How do I get my DVD to play on my laptop?
Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it does not play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane. Read more Play a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player.
How do I uninstall and reinstall my DVD drive?
Uninstall and Reinstall the Driver
- Launch Device Manager. Right-click the Start menu and select Device Manager.
- Right-Click Your Device. Double-click to expand the DVD/CD-ROM section, then right-click your device.
- Uninstall Your Device. Click Uninstall device.
- Reboot Your Computer.