Why does my DVD player say no disc when there is one?
No-disc errors are usually caused when the DVD or the laser-lens pickup has become dirty and causes the DVD player to not be able to read the DVD. … You may need to upgrade to a newer model, most of which accept the latest DVD formats. Clean the laser lens with a DVD laser lens cleaning disc.
What do you do when a CD player says no disc?
Reset the player back to the factory-default specifications. If no discs will play, remove any discs from the player and leave the player powered on with the CD tray opened (if possible) for approximately one hour to resolve the possibility of moisture condensation inside the player.
How do I fix my DVD player it wont read discs?
How to Fix Sony or Other DVD Player Not Reading/Loading Disc?
- Check if the disc is placed correctly and if the disc is in good condition. Make sure the disc isn’t put in upside down and also ensure the disc isn’t out of alignment in the loading tray. …
- Check DVD player’s loading tray, laser lens and servo alignment.
How do I get my DVD player to work?
How to Connect a DVD Player to a TV
- Unplug your TV and DVD player.
- Set the DVD player on a shelf near the TV. …
- Connect your DVD player with the included cables. …
- Whichever cable you use, plug one end into the DVD player, and the other into the corresponding port in the TV.
Why is my disk drive not reading discs?
If multiple discs fail to be recognized, it’s likely there is a problem with the CD-ROM drive. … However, if the disc doesn’t work in any computer, it’s probably defective and should be replaced. Try cleaning the drive with a CD/DVD drive cleaning product.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
Here are a few methods to try to fix your scratched disc at home:
- Rubbing Alcohol Method: Get a lint free non scratching cloth. …
- Toothpaste Method: Use a small dab of the gritty type of toothpaste. …
- Banana Method: Use a banana that is peeled and cut in half. …
- Skip Scratch Fixer Method: …
- Petroleum Jelly Method:
Why does my Sony DVD player say no disc?
When the message NO DISC, DISC ERROR, or INSERT DISC appears on the display on the DVD player, check the following: Make sure there is a disc in the player. Make sure the disc is inserted correctly with the playback side facing down on the disc tray. Make sure the disc being used is supported by the player.
Why is my DVD player not working?
Check if the optical disc drive is dirty or broken. Dust is always the culprit for most DVD player not read/load errors. … DVD player not working might be a sign that the disc tray, tray motor or laser is worn out. To fix any of the DVD hardware, you need to open the housing and check the inside with special tools.
How do you reset your DVD player?
You can reset your DVD player either via a remote control combination button press or via the screen menu (SETUP) return set (reset). Your instruction manual will normally give accurate instructions for resetting the player. Look over the chapeter titled “reset” or “Initialize mode” .
Why won’t my DVD player work on my smart TV?
Ensure the video cable between the DVD player and TV is securely connected to both devices. NOTE: For best picture quality, use an HDMI, DVI, Component Video, or S-Video cable if both the TV and DVD player have one of these connection types. … If not, the DVD player should be set to output an interlaced signal.