Why is my CD drive not detected?
Corruption in Windows
If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. Open Device Manager, highlight and remove the CD-ROM by pressing the delete key. … Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.
Why won’t my DVD drive read discs?
If the optical drive cannot read the files stored on any CD/DVD discs, you need to confirm that the drive is listed in Device Manager. Confirm the drive is listed in Device Manager, and then reinstall the device driver to resolve any error states. Verify that there is no disc loaded in the drive.
How do I fix my DVD drive not detected?
What can I do if the DVD driver for Windows 10 is not detected?
- Delete the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers from Device Manager.
- Create new registry keys.
- Check if your DVD drive is properly connected.
- Set your DVD drive as the first boot device in BIOS.
- Remove Virtual Drive Software.
- Use the Hardware Troubleshooter.
How do I fix the CD DVD icon not showing up on my computer?
Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window
- Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It’ll open Registry Editor.
- Now go to following key: …
- Look for “UpperFilters” and “LowerFilters” strings in right-side pane. …
- Restart the system and now you should have access to your optical drives.
How do I connect my DVD drive to my computer?
How to Install a CD/DVD Drive in a PC
- Power down the PC completely. …
- Open the computer to install the CD or DVD drive. …
- Remove the drive slot cover. …
- Set the IDE drive mode. …
- Place the CD/DVD drive into the computer. …
- Attach the internal audio cable. …
- Attach the CD/DVD drive to the computer using an IDE cable.
Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. … So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc. Now you can play the video on your DVD.
Can’t find DVD CD ROM drives in Device Manager?
Try this – Control Panel – Device Manager – CD/DVD – double click the device – Driver’s Tab -click Update Drivers (this will likely do nothing) – then RIGHT CLICK the drive – UNINSTALL – REBOOT this will refresh the default driver stack. Even if drive is not shown continue below.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window. … Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive).
How do I reinstall my CD DVD drive?
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button. In the Device Manager window, click the DVD/CD-ROM icon. Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.