How do I fix the CD DVD icon not showing up on my computer?
Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window
- Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It’ll open Registry Editor.
- Now go to following key: …
- Look for “UpperFilters” and “LowerFilters” strings in right-side pane. …
- Restart the system and now you should have access to your optical drives.
Can’t find DVD CD-ROM drives in Device Manager?
Try this – Control Panel – Device Manager – CD/DVD – double click the device – Driver’s Tab -click Update Drivers (this will likely do nothing) – then RIGHT CLICK the drive – UNINSTALL – REBOOT this will refresh the default driver stack. Even if drive is not shown continue below.
Where did my CD drive go?
Microsoft Windows users can determine what CD drive is installed in their computer by following the steps below. Open System Information. In the System Information window, click the + symbol next to Components. If you see “CD-ROM,” click it once to display the CD-ROM in the left window.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window. … Select Browse and navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually your D drive).
How do I add a DVD drive to my computer?
How to Install a CD/DVD Drive in a PC
- Power down the PC completely. …
- Open the computer to install the CD or DVD drive. …
- Remove the drive slot cover. …
- Set the IDE drive mode. …
- Place the CD/DVD drive into the computer. …
- Attach the internal audio cable. …
- Attach the CD/DVD drive to the computer using an IDE cable.
Why my CD-ROM is not detected?
Corruption in Windows
If the CD-ROM works in Safe Mode but not in normal Windows, a running program is causing the issue, or the drivers are corrupt. Open Device Manager, highlight and remove the CD-ROM by pressing the delete key. … Windows should then detect the CD-ROM and reinstall it.
How do I reinstall my CD DVD drive?
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button. In the Device Manager window, click the DVD/CD-ROM icon. Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.
How do you fix a CD that is not detected?
To reinstall the driver, follow the instructions below:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt. …
- In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. …
- Click OK to confirm that you want to remove the device.
How do I know if I have a DVD drive on my computer?
Identifying a Drive and Firmware Version using Device Manager
- Open Device Manager. …
- In the Device Manager window, double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives to display a list of CD and DVD drives installed in your computer. …
- Double-click a drive name to open the drive Properties window.
- Click the Details tab.
How do I view a CD in Windows 10?
Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.