How do I connect an external DVD drive to my MacBook air?
On your MacBook Air, open a Finder window and look for the Remote Disc entry under the Devices heading. Select it and you’ll see any Macs on your local network that have a media drive. Into the Mac with the media drive, insert a data CD or DVD.
Why won’t my MacBook pro recognize my external DVD player?
Why your Mac does not recognize external hard drive
There’s something wrong with the cable. There’s a power supply problem. Your drive has been corrupted or broken. The drive is not readable on macOS.
Can I use any external DVD drive with MacBook Air?
Both the Apple USB SuperDrive and MacBook Air SuperDrive are compatible with all Macs made after 2008, but there’s also a wide range of non-Apple CD and DVD drives out there that are typically much cheaper, and will work with most MacBooks (just make sure you check the drive’s exact specifications before making a …
Will any external CD drive work with a Mac?
If your Mac doesn’t have a built-in optical drive, you can use another computer’s DVD or CD drive, or use an external optical drive, such as the Apple USB SuperDrive.
Why is my Mac not playing dvds?
DVD not be recognized/read usually happens when you insert DVD disc improperly, have a damaged disc or DVD drive, or your DVD drive driver goes outdated. For that, you can repair or buy a new DVD drive, or reset NVRAM (or PRAM) via press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys to shut down your computer and turn on later.
How do I get my DVD player to work on my macbook pro?
Via the Applications Folder
- Click the Applications folder icon on your Mac’s Dock.
- Scroll through the applications until you locate the DVD Player icon. …
- Click the DVD Player icon to load the application.
- Click the Finder icon in the Mac dock.
- Enter “dvd player” into the search field.
How do you insert a DVD into a Mac?
Insert a CD or DVD
- Turn the disc label so it faces up or toward you.
- Insert the disc into the optical drive until you feel the drive catch and pull the disc in. You must insert the disc nearly all the way in before the drive pulls it in.
How do I connect an external CD drive to my Mac?
To use your SuperDrive, connect it to a USB-A port on your Mac*, then insert a disc. Make sure that the aluminum enclosure of the SuperDrive is facing up.
Connect and use your SuperDrive
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
- USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter.
- USB-C to USB Adapter.
Can I use a USB SuperDrive with my MacBook Pro?
*The Apple USB SuperDrive is compatible with Mac models from 2008 and later that don’t have a built-in optical drive. *MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models with USB-C ports require a USB-C to USB adapter (sold separately) to use Apple USB SuperDrive.
How do I reset the USB ports on my Mac laptop?
1. Reset the SMC
- Shut down your MacBook.
- Press and hold Shift-Control-Option.
- Press the Power button while holding all three keys.
- Hold the keys for 7 seconds.
- Release all the keys at the same time.
- Boot up your Mac as usual, and the SMC will be reset.