What do I do if my DVD drive is not detected?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do I reinstall my DVD drive?
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button. In the Device Manager window, click the DVD/CD-ROM icon. Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.
How do I enable my DVD drive?
How to enable the DMA settings of a hard disk drive, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW and DVD-ROM drive?
- Start Control Panel.
- Double-click System.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- For hard disk drive, click to expand Disk Drive. …
- Right-click on the necessary drive and click Properties.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select the DMA option.
Why is my DVD player not working?
Check if the optical disc drive is dirty or broken. Dust is always the culprit for most DVD player not read/load errors. … DVD player not working might be a sign that the disc tray, tray motor or laser is worn out. To fix any of the DVD hardware, you need to open the housing and check the inside with special tools.
Why is the disk drive not showing up?
If your new harddisk is not detected by or Disk Manager, it could be because of a driver issue, connection issue, or faulty BIOS settings. These can be fixed. Connection issues can be from a faulty USB port, or a damaged cable. Incorrect BIOS settings may cause the new hard drive to be disabled.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens?
What’s most likely happened is that the “auto run” feature has been turned off – either on your system or on that specific drive. That means that by definition nothing happens when you insert a disc.
How do I uninstall and reinstall my DVD drive?
Uninstall and Reinstall the Driver
- Launch Device Manager. Right-click the Start menu and select Device Manager.
- Right-Click Your Device. Double-click to expand the DVD/CD-ROM section, then right-click your device.
- Uninstall Your Device. Click Uninstall device.
- Reboot Your Computer.
How do I add a DVD drive to my computer?
How to Install a CD/DVD Drive in a PC
- Power down the PC completely. …
- Open the computer to install the CD or DVD drive. …
- Remove the drive slot cover. …
- Set the IDE drive mode. …
- Place the CD/DVD drive into the computer. …
- Attach the internal audio cable. …
- Attach the CD/DVD drive to the computer using an IDE cable.
How do I check if my DVD drive is working?
If not, refer to the Dell knowledgebase article Optical Drive is not recognized in Windows.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt. msc then press the Enter key.
- In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Verify that the optical disk drive is listed.
Can’t find DVD CD ROM drives in Device Manager?
Try this – Control Panel – Device Manager – CD/DVD – double click the device – Driver’s Tab -click Update Drivers (this will likely do nothing) – then RIGHT CLICK the drive – UNINSTALL – REBOOT this will refresh the default driver stack. Even if drive is not shown continue below.
How do I watch a DVD with Windows 10?
Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.